No need to present what is the Raspberry Pi I suppose. This little computer of the size of a credit card with all it needs to be a small server, HTPC, printer server, cans distributor, jukebox or simply a cheap computer for $35 have leave its footprint on the web, opening the door to several others similar project (Some having a higher end spec).
Well, good news is, the new Raspberry Pi B+ is now out!
The Model B+ still uses the same BCM2835 processor as the Model B and with still 512mb RAM but with several improvements such as:
- More GPIO: 40 pins (26 pins before);
- More USB: 4 USB 2.0 ports (2 before) + better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour;
- Micro SD: Push-push micro SD slot (friction fit SD card before);
- Lower power consumption: They replaced the linear regulators with switching ones, leading to a reduction of power consumption by 0.5W to 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
You can read the full official announcement here.